Friday, February 26, 2010

Molly's Friday and Weekend Goals

Happy Friday!

I weighed in at 170.6, which isn't too surprising. I didn't do hardly any cardio this week, drank probably an average of 1.5 bottles of water every day, didn't track my calories very well and had Dos Hombres for dinner last night. I could not stop eating the chips and salsa!

I've been thinking a lot about this weekend and what partying like it's 1999 will do to my diet/motivation/mental health. I've been a little worried that if I drink a ton (or just enough) it will send me into yet another tailspin of depression. I talked about this a little with Lori yesterday and I've realized that alcohol is not the only factor, in fact it's only a minor factor. My state of mind before I start drinking and the people I'm around make a huge difference. And this is just a party with a bunch of fun people and one of my closest friends in the world. People I know I don't have to be anything but myself around and they still love me. What happened in January was a very different situation. I was already feeling down through most of the holidays. I had forgotten to take my anti-depressants, so I was feeling the effects of that, there were people I felt obligated to try to see while in Denver and also obligated to come across as if everything was hunky-dory, and to top it all off I had a cold. [Just for the record, Mallory you are not one of those people I feel obligated to try to be happy around. I know I can be real around you. I just have a very hard time reaching out to people when I get down like that.] Today I feel good and I've felt good for the last couple weeks. I'm on top of my "everything is survivable, no really it is" pills, and I'm excited to see my friends and have a fun weekend away.

So, I'm still setting some goals for myself because, well, I just do better when I do. That's some good English.

Goals for today:

Make smart eating choices before I get to Fairplay.
Take a sandwich in the car so I don't feel the need for fast food
drink at least 2 bottles of water

Goals for this weekend:

Adhere to the mantra buzzes are good, barfing is bad
Don't stress about the weather. It's going to do what it's going to do.
Relax and enjoy myself.
Try to remember to drink water in between adult beverages.

Thanks for letting me explain my neurosis! I hope everyone has a great weekend! I will see you all back here on Monday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment