Saturday, February 20, 2010

How much water?

Well, yesterday afternoon instead of reaching for my second cup of coffee (with cream and sugar, of course) I reached for my water bottle. It is a small step and it is in the right direction. By the way, when you say 2 or 3 bottles of water, how much are you really drinking? What is the right amount or a good amount to drink everyday? Is it still the recommended 8 - 8oz glasses?

Goals for today:
drink lots of water
be active (already accomplished, went for a nice long bike ride with my family)

3 comments:

  1. Good for you for reaching for the water! I had to give up my half and half in my coffee. Now it's just low fat milk and no sugar. I just can't give up coffee. I've tried multiple times and I always go back to it.

    My water bottle is a 32 oz. Nalgene bottle. I'm trying to drink 96 ounces a day. 64 ounces a day of water is still the recommended amount, although I try to think of it as a minimum amount. Drinking enough water seems to really be one of the most important aspects of weight loss. I've found that if I use my water bottle I can more easily keep track of how much I've had and I'm more likely to actually drink water if I keep it with me and don't have refill a glass a thousand times a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read some where that you should have at least .5 ounces of water per pound of weight for effective weight loss. So when I started I needed 125 ounces of water a day. My water bottle is also 32 ounces so my goal is 4 a day.

    It's a lot less intimidating to think of 4 bottles than it is to think of 16 glasses :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that's a lot of water. I think I would just be peeing ALL day long and not get anything else done. I'll have to try it though.

    ReplyDelete