Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tuesday Adventures

Today I tried something new: pilates. And I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it. It was hard and I couldn't do a lot of the moves, but I know I'll get stronger if I stick with it. And it was much more my style than, say, kickboxing. The lights were dim and there was soft music and I was in control of my movement. I know I'm comparing apples and oranges here and I'm not saying will never kickboxing again. I just really enjoyed pilates. I left with the feeling that I had a good core strengthening workout and I never felt like I might hurl or die. I'm going to try to start going every Tuesday and Thursday morning.

Goals for today:
track calories
stay under limit
drink 2 more bottles of water (I've had one already)

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, trying something new. I've done pilates before and definitely feel it in my core. It never got any easier for me, but then again I didn't stick with it for very long either:( I need to though. I could use some core strengthening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol about feeling like you're going to hurl in kickboxing. I remember feeling like I just might die before class ended... but it'll get better if you keep going! I am totally depressed that kickboxing has been hurting so much; I love it so much!

    I'm glad you liked pilates! I used to do it every day before I got pg with Sophie. I've tried it at the gym too and didn't really like it. It hurts my disks and I also like to feel like I'm sweating and gasping for breath so I know it's a really good workout! lol I wish I like it though :(

    ReplyDelete