Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day Thoughts

I made myself get out of bed this morning and go to the gym. It was a good decision. I used the elliptical and I really pushed myself. And oh my goodness did I sweat. It was gross and awesome. So, when I was driving home and listening to the DJ talk about V-Day, I had a thought. Valentines Day, like Christmas, should be about the spirit of the holiday; about letting those you love and who love you know that you care about and appreciate them.

So right off, I want to tell you all that I care about you. I care about this journey that we are on together. And I deeply appreciate all of your support, not only with weightloss stuff, but just life in general. Lori and Mallory in particular, I am so thankful for your friendship!

The other thing I thought, and this comes after reflecting on our various posts about internal motivation and being happy with yourself, is that from now on, Valentines Day will also be a day to show myself some love by doing something that makes me feel good and betters my life. I showed me that I love me by taking myself to the gym. And I felt so good when I was done there.

And the last thing is that from now on I want to make an effort to let the people in my life that matter know that I care. And instead of focusing on the negative and the people that aren't worth the worry (which is what I've done for most of my life) I want to really try to focus on who and what is worth the worry.

Wow, this post ended up being kind of mushy and touchy-feely. Sorry about that. I hope everyone had a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry Molly, touchy-feeling is good :) I really appreciate your friendship too! It's so nice to have people in my life that I know will have my back, will tell me the truth, and will love me if I mess up too. I think your revelations about Vday are so good - more people, including myself, need to think like that. Way to go at the gym - what a great way to celebrate! Instead, we went to dinner at my MIL's house and had a family dinner (for her bday dinner).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This morning when I read this post Molly, it made me cry! Thank you so much, I am glad that we are friends and on this journey together! I think this post really hit home for me because I too get caught up in the negative and there is so much more to life than that!

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings with us Molly!

    ReplyDelete