Friday, February 26, 2010

This week

I have been pretty happy with my week so far. It hasn't been perfect. In fact, I ate dessert (way too much sugar, don't know how to break this addiction) after dinner every night except when I actually wrote it as my goal not to. Lori, you hit the nail on the head when you said what you eat affects how you feel. When I eat better I feel better and then if you throw in a little exercise then I feel even better. And that's how I've felt this week. I haven't felt so blah and sluggish as I have been feeling. If I know how much better I feel when I'm healthy then why is it so easy to slip up and be unhealthy? I weighed 144.8 this morning.

At the beginning of this year I set a goal for myself to run/jog from my house to the corner and back (about 3.5 miles). As of Monday this week I had not run a single step. But on Tuesday I took a running step and started working towards my goal. I would like to run at least twice a week and will be able to run (even if it is really slow) to the corner and back by April.

Goals for today:
drink 3 bottles of water
exercise (jog at least 15 minutes)
don't go overboard at dinner tonight

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for not feeling blah and sluggish!! And good for you for taking the first running step toward your goal. Sometimes that the hardest part. Keep us posted on how you're doing!

    ReplyDelete