Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday Evening Thoughts


I know, I have a happening night life don't I? Here I am posting on the weight loss blog on a Saturday night. I have been thinking a lot about why I am not doing as well as I did. The only real difference that I can figure out is that I told myself and everyone else that if I didn't lose the weight I was going to pay to do LA Weightloss, Slim4Life etc. That really seemed to be a big motivator more than having rewards for myself.

Additionally, I have a habit of taking on more things than I can handle. I want to work out, get exercise for the kids, fix healthy meals and snacks for them and me, keep everything picked up, have the kids I watch a million hours a week, bake things for justin's work, be team leader of our march of dimes group, plan my mother's 60th birthday blowout, I started making my own yogurt, and making homemade granola, make sure Justin eats healthy, etc. I think part of what I am missing is I am not focusing on me. I really need to make MY health a priority for the next couple months and then I can add more as we go. I still am not going to feed the kids hotdogs and processed meats, and I will try to make granola, but I am not going to worry too much.

I have not had dedication to tracking. I am going to try for my 60 day tracking badge.

The thing is the same as it always has been, I know what I need to do. I know what works for my body. I need to DO it.

So, here's the challenge for myself. My challenge is to lose the extra 15 pounds by my birthday. Not "I want to" not "wouldn't it be great" but:

I AM GOING TO DO IT OR JOIN A WEIGHT LOSS GROUP

The thing is I CAN. I know I can, I believe in myself when I am dedicated. I love the fact that I know I have control over my body.

Here are a few good things about losing another 15 pounds

I will be in the 100's instead of the 200's!! (Which I haven't been certainly in the time I have been married)
I will have lost 50 pounds total which is over 50% of my total goal
I will be overweight instead of obese (whoo hooo!)
Hopefully my size 16 clothes will fit better instead of just being a tad too tight.

Last weekend I bought a "Goal Size" dress (see above), it is a flowery summer dress and it would be great to wear it this summer. It's a size 10, which dresses are always rough because of my large chest. So we will see. LOL.

That's all I can think of for now!

4 comments:

  1. Mallory, we are SO doing this!! And what a great birthday gift for yourself and your family - a healthier you!! I love it!!

    That's a very cute dress and you are going to look fabulous in it!! I so feel you on the chest size issue. I usually have to go up a dress size to fit my chest and giant Wierenga shoulders.

    Also, you make your own yogurt???

    And how lame am I that I've been occilating back and forth between the tv (I love the Olympics) and the computer all night. And that's pretty much the same thing I did last night. At least you're married and have kids. I have parents and their cat that won't let me pet him. Little bastard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to be re-committed! I know as mothers and wifes it is a lot harder to focus on ourselves rather than everyone else. It's definitely a balancing act that I'm trying to work on.

    Funny, my Saturday night consisted of being on the couch watching the Olympics with my husband and daughter sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making your own yogurt is actually super easy. Easier than I thought. It turns out pretty runny, which works out because I like to eat it with granola so it's fine and the kids eat it with fruit or granola. If you want it for something thicker you can strain it through cheesecloth or a kitchen towel. It's plain, but it doesn't have any pectin, sugar or preservatives, so that's good.

    Thanks for your support guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Mallory! I think that's great. We all need motivators in our lives (heaven knows I'm trying to figure mine out right now). Plus, it's kinda like a win-win situation. One on hand, you'll lose 15 lbs and be fabulous, but on the other, if you don't, then you'll pay for a WL program, which will then give you more motivation.

    Wheww, when was the last time your boobs fit in a size 10? I mean, not the rest of your body, just your boobs? Ahh, if we could only re-allocate some of yours to me :( The only thing childbirth/nursing did for me was shrink me when it was over. ANyway, I digree. I think it's great you bought a goal dress. For me, clothes are a major motivation. Sounds pretty superficial, doesn't it. Well, they are. It's so nice being able to fit into cute clothes easily and have a lot of options. It hasn't always been that way.

    You can do this!

    ReplyDelete