Monday, February 1, 2010

Well, I'm back and going to give another try. I've got to start making time to blog, just like making time to exercise and prepare healthy foods.

I walked 4 miles on Saturday and I went to the gym on Sunday. I weighed this morning and I was 179.2 lbs, down 1.1 lb. I'm happy about that. I'm planning on adding two more exercise days during the week.

Oh, one more thing, I got a pair of the Shape Ups walking shoes. I wear them all day long and am hoping that over time they'll help shape and tone my legs. I haven't felt any soreness in my legs, but believe it or not I've definitely felt them working my core. I think it keeps you off balance a bit and you have use your core muscles to steady yourself. We'll see over the long run if and how much it helps.

I'm making small changes and moving forward.

Goals- Drink three bottles of a water, eat 3 fruits a day and add two more exercise days to my week.

3 comments:

  1. I have seen those shoes, it's good to know someone who is using them, keep us posted. Yay for losing 1.1 pounds! A loss is always something to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.1 lbs is *great!* It's wonderful you're making time for exercise. While working it's so hard, but it's SO important.

    Just a note on those shoes - I've researched them quite a bit and I've come across quite a few doctors that say just to make sure you're walking around barefoot too whenever you're not wearing those shoes (or don't wear them too much) b/c they can actually change your gait if worn too much and it makes it painful to not have them on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your loss! And also on exercising!! That's so great :-)

    I too was very curious about those shoes. Definitely keep us posted!

    Lori - That's really interesting about the shoes changing your gate. I knew a woman that wore high heels ALL the time and the same thing happened to her.

    ReplyDelete