Friday, November 6, 2009

Up and Down Week

My weight today is 173.8, down 1 exact pound! Yay! It's been a crazy week. I started out doing really well with the eating, calorie tracking, water drinking, etc. Then the last couple days I kinda gave up. Yesterday was particularly bad. I just stopped caring. I was feeling really sad about the whole grandma situation. And then I felt guilty for feeling sad because I feel like since I'm not super depressed anymore, then I'm not supposed to feel sad. And if I feel sad, obviously I'm letting everyone down. I know, it's doesn't make any sense and it's not true. And then of course I started thinking about other stuff that upsets me and it just turned into a giant one woman pity party. Lovely. But I got it out of my system through some major crying and eating of chocolate bars. Then I slept for 10 hours. That probably helped the most. Anyway, I wasn't sure what the scale was going to do today, but I was pleasantly surprised. So, onward and upward. Or whatever. My goals are the same as always.

6 comments:

  1. Sleep is amazing! I can see why you feel like you shouldn't be sad, but it's ok! I think that the way that you bounce back from sadness is what matters. Yay you for losing a pound since Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, BTW where did you start your 10 pound goal at? Am I right in thinking you have lost 3 pounds since then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at 177.8, so I guess I've actually lost 4 pounds. Wow. That's kind of crazy!! I'm glad you asked that. That makes want to keep being good!

    And yes, sleep is amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! YOU ROCK!!! Seriously you are going to meet your goal in time for the new year!! We can so so do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ARE doing amazing - wow, 4 lbs already! :) That's awesome.

    Sorry about your grandma :( I tried to call you a couple of times this week to see how you were doing and if you wanted to come over or something, but, ahem! you never called me back! ;) You know you're always more than welcome over here to take your mind off of it!
    SOrry about not calling about tennis this week. It's been crazy with this family stuff with my sister and my head has not exactly been in the right place. Can you say stressed? Or maybe stress eating would be more appropriate. :( And drinking. Good thing that I just drink diet coke...

    Anyway, you should totally come over this week and we'll hang out. Aaron will be gone on a trip too (so no tennis :( ) but we can hang out of take the kids to the park or something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, I'm sorry I never called you back! I saw that you called, but I was kinda not feeling very social. And then my battery died and I didn't bother to charge it until this morning. So I suck. But we should definitely hang out this week. It would be fun to take the kids to the park! (and I totally forgot about tennis, so no worries...)

    ReplyDelete