Sunday, November 29, 2009

I'm Flakey, Now it's Time to Commit!

I don't know what's been going on with me lately, but I have been on a constant binge for the past three weeks. Depressing I know. I hate to start out with being negative since I haven't posted in so long, but I got on the scale today and weighed in at 266.2, and I have officially gained 22 pounds since June. Thanksgiving was painful for me. I went to Dustin's family on Thursday and got to hang out with all of my adorable nieces and nephews, and then got super depressed because I still don't have any children of my own. Then you get your family asking you if you're still trying to have kids, and it just adds to the pressure to lose weight since I know that's what's holding me back. I sat down last night and ate an entire pint of Hagen Daz Ice Cream, and now I have a major sugar headache, because I'm pretty sure that I have type 2 diabetes.

And that is all the negativity that I will let myself speak, because it's time to quit feeling sorry for myself and just do what I need to do. You guys have been so inspiring these past few weeks,(Mallory you're doing awesome!) and its time to get back in the swing of things. I was stoked when my husband came to me and told me that he needs to start working out on his off weeks because he has no energy and he needs to lose weight. I am so excited because we are finally on the same page. It makes it so much easier when you're partner has the same goals as you. Here are my goals for this upcoming week:

Exercise 5 times with at least 30 minutes of cardio.
Drink half my weight in ounces of water everyday, 133 oz.'s. that's about 4 1/2 Nalgene's.
Track my calories on Livestrong.
Daily positive affirmations.
Support Dustin in making changes and losing weight and no enabling!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Thanksgiving was stressful for you! It was hard for me too, but for different reasons. But, you sound really positive and I think your goals sound great! It's awesome that Dustin wants to be healthier, too - I'm sure it'll make it a lot easier to stay on track. Good luck this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie,
    I am sorry about your struggle to get pregnant. Justin and I tried for 4 years and one miscarraige to get pregnant. I know how heartbreaking it can be.

    I wish you well this week, you are strong and you can totally do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that Dustin wants to do it too. It really makes all the difference in the world when you have the person at home supporting you. For so long, Aaron was great. I'd say "I really want Taco Bell"... or ice cream, whatever, and he'd say "no. We don't need that." Now he's slipping back into enabling me, ugh.

    I'm so sorry about Thanksgiving. I know that it can be so hard. If you ever need to talk, you know you can call! You totally should have stayed and hung out with me :) We just had burgers and hung out! lol

    You can do this though! Get into the dr and get on some metformin - I promise that it'll help you to lose weight! We ALL can do this! :)

    ReplyDelete