Friday, November 27, 2009

Friday No Way In

See what I did there?? He he, so clever. Right. So, I could not bring myself to get on the scale this morning. I thought about it, but just really couldn't do it. I did figure out that I was trying to eat away the tension I feel around my family regarding my grandma and how frustrated and sad the whole situation makes me. I started on Wednesday with the pumpkin bread and it wasn't until I was sitting out in the garage by myself crying yesterday afternoon that I realized what was going on. Ugh. I had myself convinced that I was eating so much because it's a holiday all about food and that it was ok! But, now I'm aware and when these feelings come up I will try to do things such as exercising and writing instead of stuffing my face with mashed potatoes and gravy.

Goals for today:

Drink lots of water
track calories
stay within calorie goal
go to work
exercise

2 comments:

  1. That was pretty tricky of you! I think it's probably really good that you didn't weigh in, it was kinda terrible!

    It's really good that you realized what was going on and now you can work on it! Here's to a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today was going ok right up until I decided I needed to eat some dinner. And actually, it could have been worse. I talked myself out of pie two different times today. My calories are 253 over and wouldn't ya know it, I at 260 calories in pumpkin bread (and an extra 100 for the butter). So, I would have been ok if I had made better choices. But at least it wasn't as bad as yesterday! And there's always tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete