Monday, November 30, 2009

Eww

Ok, so I'm going to just put it out there and then let you be shocked and then explain it.

168.8.

Yes, you read that right.

Ok, now that you're over the "HOLY CRAP" let me say that yesterday I was in the ER for some weird abdominal pain. They don't really know what it was. My blood work, urine analysis, and Xray were good. It could be kidney stones. It could have been a muscle spams in my intestines. I could be the beginning of an appendicitis. Basically unless it comes back, we may never know... which is ok with me. HOWEVER they did have me on IV fluids yesterday which is basically salt water, so I have no idea what my sodium was yesterday. Coupling that with the holiday, I have no idea what is actual weight gain and what is from the IV fluids. I hope that in the next few days I'll shed them pretty quickly no matter where they're from. But yes, that's 10 lbs in less than a week. I think I might cry.

While I was complaining about it this morning though, Aaron did tell me that my bodybugg (I confirmed it earlier in the week) will be here maybe Tue or Wed.... so I'm pretty sure he'll be ok if I open it and start using it, even before he's home. So, that's good. I'm really excited about it and to see how many calories I normally burn in a day. I also think that it'll motivate me to track my calories more b/c I'll have an exact number for calories in, calories out. And as Mallory put it this morning, I'm an exact number person, so hopefully it'll really help. lol

My goals:
work out (already did, so *check*)
track my food
3 bottles of water (12 glasses)
talk to my mom about all the sweets in her house. I go over thinking "I just won't eat them" but then I always do.... so if they want me and the girls to come over, then they have to get rid of them... or at least hide them, lol!

6 comments:

  1. I think it's a really good idea to talk to your mom. I also think that it HAS to be largely because of the iv fluids

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of overweight people don't realize that its not selfish to ask people to not have treats around. If you were a heroin addict I wouldn't have candy dishes of smack sitting around! People don't understand that it is the same way if you have a food addiction, I'm sure you'll mom will support you. I have a snowman candy dish that I think I'm going to fill with raw almonds, that way I won't be tempted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol Carrie. I have this visual of walking into your house to find your snowman candy dish filled with smack.

    You're right though - I need to do it, and have in the past. My parents were super supportive of it a couple years ago when I was preparing to get pg the 2nd time (I had to get down to where I was when I got pg with Sophie before he'd put me on fertility drugs again). Since then it's like a free-for-all at their house. My dad likes us to come over when Aaron is out of town - makes him feel like he's watching over us or something I suppose - but I just can't be around all that candy and goodies, plus the things that they eat for dinner aren't the best either most of the time.
    I just have to actually *have* the conversation. I've been meaning to for awhile, but putting if off, just like everything else. I think that I'm worried about hurting their feelings. Plus, I feel like I'm inconviencing them. I know that it's the best thing for me (and for them probably), but I still feel bad about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let us know what happens tonight at your parent's house tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How naive am I that I don't know what smack looks like, so I substituted joints in my visual of Carrie's candy dish?? That was hilarious and a great point!

    Good luck with your conversation with your parents!

    And it sucks that you gained, but I'm sure it's mostly the IV.

    Additionally, Yay for the bodybugg!!

    ReplyDelete