Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ramblings

I feel icky. I have an eye infection and a sore throat and some serious stuffage in my nose. And a minor cough. And obviously I'm feeling very whiny. The good news is that my weight is down .8 from Monday. Probably because everything tastes like bland nothingness and my throat hurts enough that I don't want to put much effort into swallowing bland nothingness.

Actually, it's kind of too bad this didn't happen around halloween. My red eyeballs would be a great accessory to some sort of devil or monster costume. Oh well.

The other thing I was going to say is that the scale at the doctor's office once again said I was about 3 pounds heavier than my scale at home. So Awesome. The only real bright side to this is that I've had time to really get into Truman by David McCullough. I thought it would be similar to that movie Mrs. Somerville made us watch is history class (The "Dear Bess" movie - I know a few of you know what I'm talking about), but it's way better. It's actually really interesting.

In other news, my grandma is out of the hospital, but she's going to spend some time is a nursing facility doing because she needs an IV anti-biotics and some PT.

That's all. I hope everyone is having a good week!

3 comments:

  1. Seriously, I just wrote a whole comment and it deleted it. Arrr.

    Anyway, short version...
    Yay that your gma is doing better!

    At least you know how much you weigh, I hate it when the dr's scales are diff.

    And apparently now Sophie AND I have the eye infection too :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a huge difference for be between weighing in the morning before I have eaten anything and weighing in the afternoon or whatever, that could account for some of the difference.

    I am glad your grandma is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    And yeah, I didn't even think of that. By the time I went to the doctor I had had a cup of coffee and eaten breakfast. Good point.

    ReplyDelete