Friday, March 5, 2010

Lori's Friday

Hey there! I feel like we've all been a little MIA lately - or is that b/c I have been? I've been so busy that I feel like I'm chasing my tail around. Unfortunately, eating well and exercising are not what I've been busing with, but I'm ok with that right now. I was 152.2 this morning, which is miraculously .2 lower than Monday. I haven't been drinking water, eating well, or to the gym. And while I'm ok with my weight (152 is actually really good for my height!), I need to get back to eating well and exercising for the reason of feeling better. Last night we had fast food and I felt terrible . Plus, w/o drinking water, I feel bloated and overall icky.

SO my goal today is to drink water and make chicken for lunch.

I was hoping that Brielle was almost done with being a little meanie... but I guess not. She bit my friend's baby yesterday at the park, she scratched my other friend's baby twice on Tuesday, and she's been hair pulling more lately. I AM AT MY WIT'S END! I don't know how to make her be nice! :( I never had this problem with Sophie (and still don't). It's amazing how different two sisters can be. Ugh. Anyway, I was hoping that I could start taking her back to the gym, but it's not looking good. Seriously - why can't she be a normal, nice little girl?

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, Lori. I don't think she's not normal, but she's certainly different than Sophie. Have you talked to the doctor about her behavior? I'm sure you have because you're a good parent. But, that's all I've got.

    I'm glad you're doing so well maintaining a very healthy weight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she is night and day from Sophie! lol For awhile we even tried asking Sophie to bite her back or defend herself... and she just doesn't have that in her. Which is good. I just wish Brielle wasn't such a bully.

    Yeah, I've talked to her dr about it. She said that it's mostly a stage that she'll grow out of. I asked what I should do to curb the biting (which was our biggest problem at the time, now it's face pinching/scratching and hair pulling - WHERE does she learn this!?!?). Anyway, the dr told me to get her in face and yell at her basically. Ok, I love my dr. Really, she's great. So, I tried it for about a week and every day I felt like a bad mother. I was in tears just about as much as Brielle (or Sophie). So we started doing time outs. That really hasn't worked either, but at least I feel like a better parent.

    ReplyDelete