Monday, March 21, 2011

Wow

I had no idea you guys were blogging again until I talked to Mallory the other day for the first time in months.

Truth be told, I got bored with the blog last fall because I was pretty much the only one posting. I know several of you were pregnant. And then there was the holidays. And then I was being a hermit. I'm trying not to be a hermit anymore. It's not healthy.

So here's where I'm at right now: my eating is fairly under control. The last couple weeks have been a little rough, but I seem to be maintaining. I haven't weighed myself for a few days, but my last weight was 158.6. That's up a little over a pound from my lowest weight of 157.2 about a month ago. I exercise at least four times a week, alternating cardio and strength workouts. Sometimes I go to bodyflow at Golds. Right now I'm so sick of the gym I'm having a hard time going to classes. But my friend Amanda and I started playing racquetball a couple times a week and it's been a really great cardio workout and it's really fun.

I've been participating in the 12 Week Challenge at Golds, which ends April 12. My goal was to get down to 145, which isn't going to happen, but I would like to get under 155 by then. That's not much of a loss from where I'm at now, but that's not really my point. What I'm trying to achieve (and feel I've gotten a good start on) is a lifestyle change. I'm not trying to lose weight for the sake of losing weight. I'm trying to be healthy and maintain a healthy and active lifestyle. I'm not even tracking my food and I'm eating things that are good for me, but also good (I hate egg whites. They're disgusting.) I feel good and want to keep going in that direction.

So, I don't know how often I'll post on here. I'll try to check in a few times a week and at least comment on your posts. I'm really proud of you all for getting back on the horse, so to speak. I don't have the same challenges (mainly children and husbands) that you all do and it's probably quite a bit easier for me to focus on me. I do have some healthy food ideas, but I'll post those another time.

3 comments:

  1. I really have been having a hard time with it too. I want to lose weight (and I can) but I don't want to eat egg whites and dry chicken. You are at a healthy weight so if you can be active and eat healthy things then why not. My problem is that I have been getting depressed or falling off the wagon and then getting zero exercize, eating everything in sight, and then all of the weight I had lost comes back on. I am struggling with that alot because that means all those f-ing egg whites I ate before meant NOTHING. boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I just took your post and turned it into all about me :( I think it's great that you are finding a way to change your lifestyle in a way that you can sustain forever!! And by not giving up everything you love I hope it makes it more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to hear you are on your way to a healthy lifestyle change! I've been wondering how you've been doing lately and what you've been up to. If you ever need someone else to play racquetball with let me know...I love to play but I'm not that good and don't really have anyone to play with right now.

    ReplyDelete